Investing in Discovery
An Overview of the National Institute of General Medical Sciences
Free Science Education Materials
Strengthening public understanding and appreciation of science is a key NIGMS goal. As part of its efforts, the Institute publishes science education materials in several formats online.
These free resources include:
- Award-winning publications on topics like cell biology, genetics, chemistry, pharmacology, computational biology and structural biology.
- Findings, a magazine that showcases vibrant and diverse scientists who do cutting-edge research and lead interesting lives.
- Interactive games and crossword puzzles that teach science.
- Scientific image galleries containing downloadable photos, illustrations and videos.
- A monthly electronic newsletter that highlights recent scientific advances.
- Articles and fact sheets on areas of science within the NIGMS mission.
Browse, download and use these free resources at http://publications.nigms.nih.gov/epublications.htm.