Investing in Discovery
An Overview of the National Institute of General Medical Sciences
Division of Training, Workforce Development, and Diversity
This division supports programs that train tomorrow's scientists and develop a strong and diverse biomedical and behavioral research workforce. It funds:
- Undergraduate student training and development.
- Postbaccalaureate research education.
- Predoctoral research training.
- Postdoctoral research training, career development and transition to independence.
- Faculty research development.
- Workforce development research.
- Capacity-building research and resources in states that have historically not received significant levels of NIH research funding.
Through these efforts, NIGMS helps assure the continued vitality and productivity of the research enterprise.
More information about this division is available at http://www.nigms.nih.gov/twd.