Investing in Discovery
An Overview of the National Institute of General Medical Sciences
Division of Training, Workforce Development, and Diversity
This division supports programs that train tomorrow's scientists and develop a strong and diverse biomedical and behavioral research workforce. It funds:
- Undergraduate student training and development.
- Postbaccalaureate research education.
- Predoctoral research training.
- Postdoctoral research training, career development and transition to independence.
- Workforce development research.
Through these efforts, NIGMS helps assure the continued vitality and productivity of the research enterprise.
More information about this division is available at http://www.nigms.nih.gov/twd.